The BRD and KRD diesel locomotives are Mmp Rail’s own designs. This safe, modern and user-friendly locomotive can be manufactured in many versions. Three variants exist as a basis: the hydrostatically driven locomotive, the hydrodynamically driven variant and the hybrid-driven locomotive. With the available facilities, product knowledge and knowledgeable employees, all variants can be adapted to the wishes of the customer and manufactured in their own workshop. KRD is the compact version of the BRD locomotive.
Features Shunting locomotives
- Stepless speed control from ‘0’
- Very even approach with a particularly favorable slip limit due to the lack of ‘starting peak’
- Standard Bemo locomotive control, specifically designed for use under harsh conditions
- Vibration and temperature resistant
- Manual operation and / or radiographic, if necessary in explosion safe execution
- Acceleration and deceleration according to fixed curves so that:
-Set exactly the same behavior (react) of the railshunter
-Foutive operation is virtually excluded
-Each operator can therefore work with the railshunter
- Limited noise level
- Very low fuel consumption
- Clean diesel engines
- Electric or hybrid drive
- Ergonomic accessibility for operation and service
- Emergency-off push buttons all around on the machine, especially in combination with radio control
- Integrating gas detection into control, when used in Ex zones (optional)
- Safety devices with additional proximity / reflection switches (optional)
- Excellent overview from the cabin
- All shunting operations can be carried out by one operator
- Easy to operate operating system
- Clear graphical display for operating status and maintenance (GUI)
- Standard high quality components are built in, such as A-class engines
- Fully sprung axle suspension with closed gear reducers, allowing: a) Reducing damage to points. b) Reducing the risk of derailment
- Long technical lifespan
- Short delivery times on parts.
- No special lubrication pit required
- Daily maintenance workable by our own technical department
- Intervals are arranged as optimally as possible, depending on the deployment
In addition to the standard UIC wagon screw glands, numerous automatic shunting couplings can be used, including AAR and carriage couplings.
Virtually all shunting locomotives are equipped with a pneumatic installation for (wagon) braking, as well as for the control of various components. Compressor output, tank capacity and design are selected based on the use of the locomotive.
Worldwide, various track widths are applied. In addition to the track gauge of 1435 mm which is generally used in Europe. there is also wide – and narrow track in various sizes. The shunting locomotives can be carried out in any track gauge.